TERA Statement of Mission and Purpose
The broad mission of this organization is to work for the improvement of the quality of life in the Eagle Rock Community in Los Angeles, California, by providing research and education about Eagle Rock, participating in land-use planning activities, and promoting positive community growth and beautification.
The specific purposes of The Eagle Rock Association are as follows:
1. CHARACTER. To work to retain the community character of the Eagle Rock area, the Association’s geographical focus, by participating in and initiating activities suited to that end.
2. PRESERVATION. To encourage preservation of single-family low-density residential land use, open space, ecologically important areas, cultural resources, historical sites and landmarks, aesthetic integrity, safety, and the high quality of life in the Community.
3. PROTECTION. To protect the entire Eagle Rock area from incompatible land uses and encroachment upon its basic residential character and its best qualities as a place to live.
4. DEVELOPMENT. To seek and abet harmonious development of land and buildings within the Community that is consistent with the character and history of the neighborhoods, and to foster harmonious relationships between Community residents and developers pursuing those same ends.
5. COOPERATION. To promote cooperation among Community residents and Community organizations concerning land use, planning and zoning matters and other matters affecting the quality of life in the Community, to disseminate data and information on pertinent problems and issues, and to cultivate good relationships with other communities in the Northeast Los Angeles District, the surrounding cities of Glendale, Pasadena and La Canada Flintridge, as well as all communities citywide.
6. KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING. To promote comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Community and its heritage, and of the need to protect the area’s “small town” atmosphere and character.
7. GOVERNMENT. To work with the City and County of Los Angeles and the State of California toward the implementation and enforcement of legislation pertinent to the Association’s objectives and welfare.
8. LOCAL SCHOOLS. To work with all parts of the community to improve local schools within Eagle Rock.
9. EDUCATION. To promote public awareness and education of issues affecting Eagle Rock.